Monday, September 16, 2013

A whole lot of growing up going on...


A little piece of my heart broke off today, but it also burst into about a thousand pieces of pride...
 
 
Since before Jack was born, the one thing I have been SO excited about was him going to school. Not to get him out of the house (although let's face it...), but because the start of school just meant the opening of a world of opportunity for him. I completely get Meg Ryan's giddiness at the line "a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils"... I literally cannot wait for him to bring home lists of schools supplies in the coming years, permission forms to sign, books to cover (okay, I get that it may be an Ipad to cover), new friends to talk about, crunchy leaf days to be tattooed in his memory. Yes, yes, I understand there will be nights when I am gluing some stupid diorama together (am I completely anachronistic? do kids even do these things anymore??) and I will be of no help to him past third grade times tables, but still. The possibilities, the reading under the covers late at night, the love of just plain learning something new - it all lies ahead for him and I am going to suck in and be grateful for every single moment of it that I can.

 
Little big girl here - 11 months old.
 
Top two teeth finally appearing - resulting in not so great nights.
 
Eating everything in sight.
 
Standing up. Soooooo close to walking.
 
Growing blond hair.
 
Loves her brother madly.
 
Cannot believe she has been here almost a year, my little chemo-sabe.

No comments:

Post a Comment