Monday, September 10, 2012

The summer of the devil

Seriously, I am trying really hard to keep up my good spirits, especially knowing what I'm facing in the near future, but really, this heat is just sapping every little bit of energy that I have, which is not much at the moment. Some days it's like an unimaginable task to even respond to a text or email, so please don't get offended. It truly has been the summer of the devil - I don't remember an extended period of heat like this in the 9 years we've been in this house. I pray, beg and plead for the signs of fall that everyone else is talking about to show up here, and then I look at my phone for the next few days and all I see is high 80's and 90's. Please, may mother nature show some mercy and have this break soon. Okay, my bitch fest is over... for now.

This was a very tired weekend. Between this baby, who I am carrying much lower than my son, and the interminable summer, I could barely get off of the couch. I don't like feeling like this at all, so I try to get up and at least vacuum and do dishes and stuff just to get my blood moving, but dear Lord. My poor husband is going to need a well-deserved extended vacation to himself after this is all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment