Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 10 - Words of Wisdom and Day 11 - A Photo

 
 
 
I don't know that I have any words of wisdom that have stood out to me over the years, however, lately, when walking the baby while Jack rides his bike, I find myself saying something to him over and over that I really need to heed myself. Lately Jack has a tendency to look behind him to watch me while he's riding in front of me and over and over I'm repeating to him "Baby, you have to stop looking behind you and pay attention to what's in front of you." If I need to listen to anything, especially after this year, this is it. Easier said than done, as with most things.
 
 
As for photos, I could never ever pick a single photo to love. I am so lucky to have photos of my family that go back probably a little over 100 years. I know not many people are so lucky. If I had a scanner I would be showing you many of these photos right now, but you'll have to use your imagination. :) I cherish the photos of my present family, as is obvious with all of the pictures I do share on here, but the old pictures, they hold a special place in my heart, and I can't wait to share with the kids pictures of people like their great-great grandparents. I don't just get to tell stories, they get to see what these people looked like. I am so thankful for all of these photos that I have been entrusted with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment