Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 18 - A daily indulgence and Day 19- A trip

 
 
The only daily indulgence that I can think of, and I don't think it's an indulgence, I believe it is a necessity, is my lovely coffee. As I wrote on facebook, "ohhhh, my lovely coffee, what would I do without thee? I love you I love you, I am thankful for you, forever be near me...".
 
As far as a trip goes, I have been very fortunate to go quite a few places in my life - not as many as some, but certainly more than many. I am so grateful - I love to travel, preferably in the fall/winter. My husband and I have been snowed on, rained on - doesn't matter. To us that means less people, less crowds and not passing out from heat exhaustion. Having two small children in recent years has quashed our wanderlust slightly, and my being sick last year and this certainly scuttled some plans. We couldn't even visit our in-laws last year, well, mostly because I was having surgeries and chemo - but a plane is a great big cesspool of germs for someone with no immune system and I couldn't chance it. Boy, you do not know how much you miss something until it is forbidden to you. I was soooooo excited to get back on a plane this year just for a short trip I could have jumped for joy (but even I, at barely 5'3", am too tall to be jumping on any plane without cracking my head open). I look forward to many many trips in my future and will be extra thankful for any opportunity that comes my way.

 Somewhere in Vermont I think...



 Jack's first flight - two months old...I hope he loves to travel as much as his mama
 
I think this was outside of Prague
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment